Insertion Orders gives our brands a quick summary view of offers that they have grouped together. Items on the Insertion Order can’t have start dates before the Insertion Order was created and can’t have an expiration date exceeding the Insertion Order expiration date.
Steps on Creating an Insertion Order:
Step 1: Click Create Insertion Order at the top of the Insertion Orders menu.
Step 2: Enter information about that insertion order.
- Brands: The brands can see and edit all information in this insertion order. Only offers from those brands are available in this insertion order. Once you create the insertion order, the brands cannot be changed.
- Name: The name you use for this order.
- External ID: The unique identification number or code you and your advertiser use, such as the advertiser’s insertion order number. You cannot use the same external ID for another insertion order, even if it’s for another advertiser.
- Start Date: The date the insertion order begins. The time for this date is 12:00 am in the network’s timezone.
- End Date: The date the insertion order ends. The time for this date is 12:00 am in the network’s timezone. This field is optional; leave it blank if you want to report in ongoing, indefinite insertion order.
- Notes: Any information relevant to the insertion order, such as the total budget. This field is optional.
Step 3: Click Create Insertion Order.
Note: The insertion order begins as a blank order, having no offer line items associated with it. Once you create the insertion order, you can add individual offers as line items in that insertion order using the steps below.
Managing an Insertion Order:
From the main Insertion Orders page, click on the name of the insertion order you want to view or edit. The insertion order page has three panels: Details, Offers, and Statistics:
Details Panel - displays the basic information entered when creating the order: advertiser, name, external ID, start date, end date, and notes. It also shows the internal ID and order status. To edit these details, click Edit at the top of the panel. The page that appears is similar to the form for creating an insertion order, with two key differences:
- You can’t change the advertiser.
- You can set the status to “Active” or “Inactive”. Newly created insertion orders default to “Active”.
Offers Panel - displays individual offers and their associated dates.
Statistics Panel - shows stats for each line item listed in the Offers panel. Click, conversion, and impression data for each line item comes from data generated during that line item’s listed dates.
To manage the list of offers in your insertion order, click Edit at the top of the Offers panel:
On this page, you can add new line items, edit existing line items, and remove line items:
- Add a Line Item: Click Add Offer. In the blank line item that appears, select an offer from the dropdown menu. The start and end dates are preset to the insertion order’s start and end dates.
- Change a Line Item: Edit the associated offer and the dates for an existing line item by changing values in that line.
Remove a Line Item: Click the Remove button at the end of the line item you wish to delete. Deleting a line item doesn’t delete any statistics, so you can freely add the line item back if you accidentally remove an item.
Once you’re finished, click Save to update the insertion order with your changes.
Note: Line items can’t have a start date earlier than the insertion order’s start date or an end date later than the insertion order’s end date. Additionally, line items referring to the same order can’t have overlapping dates. If you enter overlapping dates or dates outside of the insertion order, you’ll be reminded with an error message.